After the usual tour of international exhibitions around Europe (still ongoing), we are pleased to finally unveil the URBAN 2019 Photo Awards winners… in alphabetical order!
We will announce the final podium (Winner Overall, First Ranked in each category, Honourable Mentions and Remarkable Rewards), directly at the URBAN Award Ceremony on Saturday 26 October 2019 during Trieste Photo Days, in the presence of jury president Martin Parr and jurors Nick Turpin, Marietta Varga, Angelo Cucchetto, Graziano Perotti, Fulvio Merlak, Elena Uljančić, Claudia Colecchia and Laura Carlini Fanfogna.
Winners will share a prize pool of over € 10,000, as well as a series of prizes made available by the partners of the contest and the publication of photos on prestigious photo portals.
Among the prizes there is also a prestigious exhibition (held between July and August) at Porec Museum (Croatia) for 3 ranked portfolios: Urban Vision by Giovanni Paolini, La Boda by Mariagrazia Baruffi, Railway Station by Roberto Di Patrizi.
The four winners of the “Trieste’s Museums” Award will be announced very soon. The related exhibition at the “Sartorio” Museum in Trieste, Italy, will be held from 22 October to 10 November as part of the Trieste Photo Days festival.
Finally, a selection of single images and projects will compose the fifth volume Urban unveils the City and its secrets, currently in production. The book will be presented at the Trieste Photo Days before the award ceremony.
This amazing tenth edition of the competition, which began on March 1st, saw 6,049 photos and 346 portfolios competing for over 1,257 participants from all over the world.
Winners 2019 – Single Pictures (in alphabetical order)
- Sergio Baseggio – Stesso Punto Di Vista
- Denis Buchel – After Work
- Mauro De Bettio – Pain & Passion
- Jaume Escofet – Politician
- Marcin Giba – City Swimming Pool
- Harry Giglio – Untitled
- Dina Goldstein – The Last Supper East Vancouver
- Shinya Itahana – Pattern Of Grassland
- Md Enamul Kabir – Coexistence
- Rebeka Legović – Neither In Heaven Nor On Earth
- Francesco Licandro – Selfie Quasi Perfetto
- Roberto Malagoli – Il Tempo è un Gioco
- Simone Mantia – Encierro
- Mariangela Muggianu – La Marcia Dei Pasticceri
- Jiho Park – Morning In Murmansk
- Ovi D Pop – Dead Or Alive
- Giancarlo Rupolo – Relax In Attesa
- Giancarlo Staubmann – Summer On The Lake
- Merethe Wessel-Berg – One
- Colmar Wocke – The Two Swans
- Patrick Zélis – Untitled
Winners 2019 – Projects & Portfolios (in alphabetical order)
- Michele Andreossi – Ai Piedi Dei Grattacieli
- Alain Schroeder – Kim City
- Antonino Sismo – Pleasure Beach Club
- Alice Van Kempen – Furbex