URBAN 2020 Winner’s Exhibition: 23 – 24 – 25 October 2020 – Sala Xenia, Trieste. Opening: Friday 23 October 2020 – 11
Award Ceremony: Saturday 24 October 2020 – 17.00 – Revoltella Museum, Trieste.
More info www.triestephotodays.com
We have reached the peak of the eleventh edition of URBAN Photo Awards: the winners’ exhibition and the award ceremony! All of course at Trieste Photo Days, and in full compliance with the anti-Covid distancing rules.
The winners’ exhibition will be open on 23, 24 and 25 October 2020 at the Sala Xenia, the main venue of the festival (Riva 3 Novembre corner Via Mazzini). We will open it on Friday 23 October 2020 at 11.00. together with the sixth photographic volume URBAN unveils the City and its Secrets, which contains the best of the competition.
The awards ceremony will be held on Saturday 24 October 2020 from 5 pm in the auditorium of the Revoltella Museum.
We will reveal the Best Author, the first ranked for each category and the Honorable Mentions. We will also award and present the winning project of URBAN Book Award: Journey to the Lowlands by Valeria Sacchetti. The winner of the “New Buildings” special award will also receive a medal (it’s a prize born from the collaboration between URBAN Photo Awards and Matrix4Design, and dedicated to the icons of architecture that have changed the face of cities over the last ten years).
At 7 pm o’clock we will have the president of the jury Alex Webb together with Rebecca Norris Webb in live streaming from New York for the official announcement of the Winner Overall of the Single Photos section and the winner of the Projects & Portfolio section. The speech will also be live streamed on the Facebook pages of URBAN and the Festival.
Registrations for URBAN 2020 closed on June 14th with record numbers: over 10,000 photos, 390 projects and 160 books in the competition.
We would like to thank all the partners who have made this fantastic edition of the competition possible and have supported us in the realization of the exhibitions. In particular, the Municipalities of Trieste, Aquileia and Cormòns, Think Tank Photo, Stroppa, FAB Lab / Innova FVG, Matrix4Design, Imaginario Gallery and the Krakow School of Art and Fashion Design.
And now, here are the winners of the URBAN Photo Award (by category and alphabetical order):
Single photos (in alphabetical order)
- Andi Abdul Halil – Two Dimension
- Andrea Cicchetti – Stay Home
- Angiolo Manetti – Colored Cubes
- Azim Khan Ronnie – Incense Workers
- Bart Heynen – United Nations From The Series Gay Dads
- Biancamaria Monticelli – Havana Blue
- Dimpy Bhalotia – Urban Animal
- Eduardo Citrinblum – Untitled
- Forrest Walker – Line Up
- Francesco Pace Rizzi – Beyond The Wall
- Giuseppe Ulizio – Untitled
- Harry Giglio – Approaching Storm
- Joseph Ford – Untitled
- Marzena Hans – Untitled
- Maude Bardet – Untitled
- Piotr Trybalski – Gymspace
- Roberto Malagoli – Tra I Campesinos Di Vinales
- Rodrigo Roher – L’Illa
- Rosetta Bonatti – Modern Arabesque
- Salvatore Favia – Battesimo In Puglia
- Szymon Lewinski – Untitled
- Ted Lau – Gymnasts
Projects & Portfolios (in alphabetical order)
- Beniamino Pisati – Up There
- Federica Zucchini – Lessico Famigliare (Family Glossary)
- Md Enamul Kabir – Coexistence
- Vincenzo Montefinese – Stuck In Serbia
URBAN Book Award (in alphabetical order)
- Grzegorz Wójcik – Touch Of Woodstock
- Toby Binder – Wee Muckers – Youth Of Belfast
- Valeria Sacchetti – Journey To The Lowlands