URBAN 2020 Exhibit Previews – Details
Join Trieste Photo Days 2020 festival as a protagonist!
This year as well we organize the usual “tour” of travelling Exhibit Previews with the best photos from URBAN 2020!
We are trying to make URBAN one of the very few contests that goes “over the boundaries” of Internet offering to photographers real visibility through extemporaneous international photo exhibitions and with our festival Trieste Photo Days.
Due to the health emergency, it will be a tour of a smaller size compared to the glories of the past years (in 2019 we had 50 exhibitions and almost 1,700 photos on display!). The care and attention to the Authors will in any case be the same as always. We will have a large collective diffuse exhibition limited to our area (Italy: Trieste and Friuli Venezia Giulia region, see map at the bottom), but with selected venues.
There might be a chance for Selected Photographers to see their selected photos in a personal exhibit (Portfolios) or in a collective one (Single Pictures). The spots available are unfortunately limited and we will give priority to those who join first.
Exhibit areas confirmed so far
The exhibitions will be held around mid September 2020 during Trieste Photo Days and will become part of the official calendar of the festival. Details:
Photo Days Tour 2020
A frame of events that take place outside the city during the festival (here the 2019 exhibitions). Venues confirmed so far:
- Palazzo Meizlik, Aquileia (Udine) + official exhibit certificate
- Museo Civico del Territorio di Cormòns (Gorizia) + official exhibit certificate
- Imaginario Gallery – Sacile (Pordenone)
- + more TBA
Trieste Photo Fringe 2020
The “widespread festival” during Trieste Photo Days with a selection of best bars and similar venues in Trieste, Italy, to host the pictures (here the 2019 exhibitions). Venues confirmed so far:
- Chakra Gallery, Cyprus
- + more TBA
- Pictures will be printed in July. Exhibitions will be set up from September 2020.
- For organizational reasons we will create a page similar to this one with the authors displayed that we will update periodically: we are not able to tell everyone exactly when and where from the beginning.
- Important – Covid-19 emergency: we are confident that all the exhibitions will take place in the scheduled period. The health situation, however, could impose some small changes to the calendar, obviously beyond our will and our control. In case of cancellation of an exhibition, we will do our best to find a new exhibition venue in time for the photos, eventually postponing the event to the first months of 2021.
- Photos will be printed in high resolution on a 60x40cm Forex hardboard with the photographer’s contacts (name, nationality, email, website).
- The curatorship of the exhibitions is carried out together with the managers of the exhibition venues. For this reason we cannot guarantee photographers to be exhibited in a specific location rather than another. As far as possible, we will still consider their wishes.
- The exhibition spaces are limited: we will give priority to those who first confirm their participation
- dotART will keep the prints for eventually bringing them to another location (for example: an exhibition that we had set up in Riga, Latvia, was moved in Sumy, Ukraine)
- Remember to send high resolution files (RGB jpg without compression) to email@example.com, in case you have loaded them in low quality
- Some photos from Selected Projects will be published in the book Urban unveils the City and its Secrets – Vol. 06, which contains the best of the contest (Projects only)
- Mention of all the authors on the official Trieste Photo Days 2020 catalogue.
- Mention of all the authors on the communication of the Festival: flyer, newsletter, Facebook, etc.
- Photographic reportage of the exhibition and presentation of the book via Dropbox and published on the festival site and on Facebook.
- SINGLE PICTURES. We ask authors € 50 / photo inclusive of printing, transportation, exhibition setup and promotion (graphics and communication), photo reportage of the event, etc.
- PROJECTS. We ask authors € 300-350 / project (it depends on the number of photos in the project) inclusive of printing, info panel (with name, nationality, email, website, project description) transportation, exhibition setup and promotion (graphics and communication), photo reportage of the event, etc.
- Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or www.paypal.me/dotart. Causal: Urban 2020 Preview
- Bank Transfer to dotART. IBAN: IT43F0306909606100000010209 – BIC/SWIFT: BCITITMM. Causal: Urban 2020 Preview + Your Name
- If you already have clear ideas, please choose the number of photos and proceed with the payment
- For more info and requests, please reply to the email you received (email@example.com)