URBAN 2021: Jeff Rothstein’s “Gotham Memories” wins the exhibition-prize at the Poreč Museum (Croatia)
From Tuesday 3 August to Thursday 30 September 2021 the Poreč Museum (Croatia) will host the URBAN Photo Awards 2021 exhibition-prize.
Elena Uljančić, director of the Museum and juror of the competition, has selected the project: Gotham Memories: New York City Images Of The 1970s And 1980s by New York photographer Jeff Rothstein.
“Being a native New Yorker, I feel that my city is the most exciting in the world. It’s uniqueness, high energy level, and diversity of people and architecture make it a perfect city to document in photographs. This was especially true in the gritty 1970s and 1980s, when these images were taken. Though they are evocative of a New York City that no longer exists, I feel that they still have a certain timeless quality.”
Museum’s opening hours: Monday-Sunday 10.00-22.00.
Winners of past years
- Urban Vision – Giovanni Paolini (Italy)
- La Boda – Mariagrazia Beruffi (Italy)
- Railway Station – Roberto Di Patrizi (Italy)
- Gentle Appearances In Tokyo Metropolis – Mitja Kobal (Slovenia)
- Stray Dog – Sevil Alkan (Turkey)
- Urban Faces and Fragments – Paolo Maggi (Italy)
- Nothing will stop us – Silvia Andrade (Mexico)
- Nonna Angela (“Grandma Angela”) – Christian Milotic (Italy)
- A Transporting Experience: Senegal’s Colorful Public Buses Hit The Road – Ricci Shryock (USA)
- Kushti – Alain Schroeder (Blegium)
- Cidade da Garoa – Luca Meola (Italy)
- Passage – Alphan Yilmazmaden (Turkey)