URBAN 2021 Exhibit Previews – Details
Join Trieste Photo Days 2021 festival as a protagonist!
This year as well we organize the usual “tour” of travelling Exhibit Previews with the best photos from URBAN 2021 Photo Awards!
We are trying to make URBAN one of the very few contests that goes “over the boundaries” of Internet offering to photographers real visibility through extemporaneous international photo exhibitions and with our festival Trieste Photo Days.
Due to the ongoing health emergency, it will be a tour of a smaller size compared to the glories of the past years (in 2019 we had 50 exhibitions and almost 1,700 photos on display!), but don’t worry: it will be not so small, last year we displayed 1,400 photos!
The care and attention to the Authors will be the same as always. We will have a large collective diffuse exhibition in selected venues limited to our area (Italy: Trieste and Friuli Venezia Giulia region + a very special leg in Rome, see map at the bottom).
There might be a chance for Selected Photographers to see their selected photos in a personal exhibit (Portfolios) or in a collective one (Single Pictures). The spots available are unfortunately limited and we will give priority to those who join first.
Exhibit areas confirmed so far
The exhibitions will be held around mid September 2021 during Trieste Photo Days and will become part of the official calendar of the festival. Details:
- Umberto Mastroianni Gallery – San Salvatore in Lauro Museums (Rome) / Bruce Gilden special prize exhibition
- Museo del Territorio di San Daniele del Friuli (Udine)
- Trieste Airport (Ronchi dei Legionari, Gorizia)
- Imaginario Gallery – Sacile (Pordenone)
- Territory Museum – Cormòns (Gorizia) NEW!
Trieste Photo Fringe 2021
The “widespread festival” during Trieste Photo Days with a selection of best bars and similar venues in Trieste, Italy, to host the pictures (here the 2020 exhibitions). Some of the venues from the last year (venues 2021 to be confirmed):
- Pictures will be printed in July. Exhibitions will be set up from September 2021.
- For organizational reasons we will create a page similar to this one with the authors displayed that we will update periodically: we are not able to tell everyone exactly when and where from the beginning.
- Important – Covid-19 emergency: we are confident that all the exhibitions will take place in the scheduled period. The health situation, however, could impose some small changes to the calendar, obviously beyond our will and our control. In case of cancellation of an exhibition, we will do our best to find a new exhibition venue in time for the photos, eventually postponing the event to the first months of 2022.
- Photos will be printed in high resolution on a 60x40cm Forex hardboard with the photographer’s contacts (name, nationality, email, website)
- The curatorship of the exhibitions is carried out together with the managers of the exhibition venues. For this reason we cannot guarantee photographers to be exhibited in a specific location rather than another. As far as possible, we will still consider their wishes
- Please note: due to limited space, in some cases we may have to remove 1 or 2 photos from portfolios with 12 or 11 photos
- The exhibition spaces are limited: we will give priority to those who first confirm their participation
- dotART will keep the prints for eventually bringing them to another location (for example: an exhibition that we had set up in Riga, Latvia, was moved in Sumy, Ukraine)
- Please, check on your user area if you submitted hi-res photos. If not, please send to email@example.com high resolution files (jpg RGB is enough for us, we will manage the printing part)
- Official exhibit certificates
- Some photos from Selected Projects will be published in the book Urban unveils the City and its Secrets – Vol. 07, which contains the best of the contest (Projects only)
- Mention of all the authors on the official Trieste Photo Days 2021 catalogue
- Mention of all the authors on the communication of the Festival: flyer, newsletter, Facebook, etc
- Photographic reportage of the exhibition and presentation of the book via Dropbox and published on the festival site and on Facebook
- Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or www.paypal.me/dotart. Causal: Urban 2021 Preview + Your Name
- Bank Transfer to dotART. IBAN: IT43F0306909606100000010209 – BIC/SWIFT: BCITITMM. Causal: Urban 2021 Preview + Your Name
- We also accept other payment methods (for example SumUp and Wise): if interested, write us an email
- If you already have clear ideas, please choose the number of photos and proceed with the payment
- For more info and requests, please reply to the email you received (email@example.com)