Photo © Stefano Lista
URBAN 2021 Photo Awards submissions are officially closed.
We’d like to thank the many participants from the bottom of our hearts and wish everyone a sincere “good luck”!
We are extremely satisfied with the success of this incredible 12th edition, both in terms of the quality of the works and the numbers: more than 11,000 submitted photos, 417 projects (of which 110 for the Bruce Gilden Special Prize) and 125 books, for over 3,000 participants from all over the world.
The contest’s jury is already at work: Selected Photographers will be announced very soon and the Semi-finalists will be published by mid-July. At the end of July it will be the turn of the Finalists.
Winners Photographer will be finally announced in mid-September. Each ranking will be in alphabetical order: we will reveal the final podium on Saturday 30 October 2021 in Trieste Photo Days festival.
This year as well we will organize the usual “tour” of Trieste Photo Fringe / Photo Days Tour exhibitions with the best photos from URBAN 2021 ranking.
Furthermore, a selection of single images and projects will make up the 7th edition of the book Urban unveils the City and its Secrets, which will be previewed at Trieste Photo Days in late October.
Finally, we want to thank all the partners who contributed to the success of URBAN 2021 Photo Awards:
- The Regional Secretariat of the Ministry of Culture, for the invaluable support to our cultural activities
- The Municipality of Trieste, for the support to the Trieste Photo Days and the URBAN 2021 exhibition-prize at the Museo Sartorio
- Matrix4Design, with which we created the New Buildings award
- Triesce Science+Fiction Festival, with which we created the award dedicated to “science fiction photography”
- Fujifilm Italia, for giving away a camera
- Stroppa, for giving away his handcrafted shoulder straps
- School of Creative Photography in Krakow, for giving away a scholarship
- Vitec Imaging Solutions, for giving away Manfrotto tripods, Lowepro backpacks and JOBY mini tripods for smartphones.
- PhotographyCourse.net, for giving away courses and interviews
- Il Cigno GG Edizioni and the Study Center of Umberto Mastroianni’s work, for giving away an exhibition at the Museums of San Salvatore in Lauro in Rome
- The Poreč Museum, for giving away an exhibition
- FabLab FVG, which has been making URBAN medals and trophies for years